All You Need to Know About Reselling Nike SB Sneakers in 2023
Nike SBs were a niche sneaker, but now they are becoming heavily profitable. Learn how to capitalize below!
Are you a sneakerhead looking to make some extra cash? Reselling Nike SB sneakers may be the perfect opportunity for you. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about reselling these highly sought-after sneakers, including how to find them, what to look for, and where to sell them. Whether you̵7;re new to reselling or a seasoned pro, this guide will give you the knowledge you need to succeed in the competitive world of sneaker reselling. So, grab your pen and paper, and let’s get started!
What Are Nike SB Sneakers?
Nike SB sneakers, also known as Nike Skateboarding, is a sub-brand of Nike that specifically caters to the skateboarding community. These sneakers are designed and built with the demands of skateboarding in mind, featuring durable materials and extra padding for support and protection.
Many of the Nike SB models are also designed with a low-profile silhouette, which skaters prefer for its stability and grip on the board.
Nike SB sneakers were first introduced in 2002, as Nike saw an opportunity to tap into the growing skateboarding market. The brand quickly gained popularity among skaters and sneaker enthusiasts thanks to its focus on performance and style.
Some of the most popular Nike SB models include the Dunk, Janoski, and P-Rod. Over the years, Nike has also collaborated with various Skateboarding brands, such as Supreme and Diamond Supply Co., to release limited edition sneakers that are highly sought after by collectors.
Nike SB Sneaker reselling market – Insanely competitive
The reselling market for Nike SB sneakers is highly competitive, as many of these sneakers are limited edition or hard to find. As a result, prices for these sneakers can be significantly higher on the resell market than their original retail price. Sneakerheads and collectors are willing to pay a premium for rare or highly sought-after Nike SB models.
Some popular platforms for reselling Nike SB sneakers include eBay, StockX, and GOAT. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the resell market is constantly changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and prices to be successful in reselling Nike SB sneakers.
Identifying Authentic Nike SB Sneakers
There are several different types of Nike SB sneakers, each with its own unique features and characteristics. Some of the best skate shoes include:
- Dunk SB: These sneakers were the first Nike SB model and are known for their high-top silhouette and thick padding. They were originally designed for skateboarding but have also become popular as fashion sneakers.
- Janoski SB: Named after professional skateboarder Stefan Janoski, these sneakers feature a low profile silhouette and a canvas upper. They are known for their minimalistic design and comfortable fit.
- P-Rod SB: Named after professional Skateboarder Paul Rodriguez, these sneakers are designed for performance and feature lightweight construction and a Zoom Air insole for added cushioning.
- Blazer SB: This sneaker is a low-top version of the classic Blazer sneaker, with a padded collar and Zoom Air insole for added support and comfort.
- Koston SB: Named after professional Skateboarder Eric Koston, these sneakers feature a low-profile silhouette and a suede upper for durability.
How to spot fake Nike NB sneakers
Spotting fake Nike SB sneakers can be challenging, as counterfeiters are becoming increasingly sophisticated in their methods. Some signs that a Nike SB sneaker may be fake include:
- Poor quality materials: Fake Nike SB sneakers are often made with cheaper materials that do not have the same quality as genuine sneakers.
- Incorrect branding: Fake Nike SB sneakers may have incorrect or misspelled branding, such as an incorrect logo or font.
- Incorrect packaging: Fake Nike SB sneakers may come in packaging different from the genuine product, such as a box or shoe bag.
- Incorrect sizing: Fake Nike SB sneakers may have sizing that is different from the genuine product, such as a larger or smaller fit.
How to verify the authenticity of Nike SB Sneakers
To verify the authenticity of Nike SB sneakers, there are some tips that can be helpful:
- Check the authenticity card: Most genuine Nike SB sneakers come with an authenticity card that has a unique code that can be verified on the Nike website.
- Inspect the materials: Compare the materials used in the sneaker to those of a genuine Nike SB, genuine Nike SB sneakers will have higher quality materials.
- Look for unique details: Many Nike SB models have unique details, such as a specific type of stitching or a specific type of padding. Compare these details to those of a genuine Nike SB to ensure they match.
- Purchase from a reputable seller: Only purchase from reputable and authorized Nike retailers or resellers; this will help to reduce the risk of buying fake Nike SB sneakers.
Which Nike SB Sneakers are best to resell
Researching the current market trends is crucial when it comes to an understanding the value and demand for Nike SB sneakers. To research market trends, one should check to resell marketplaces like StockX, GOAT, and eBay to see the current market prices for different Nike SB models, as well as the overall demand for the skate sneakers.
Another way to keep up with market trends is to follow sneaker-related social media accounts and read sneaker-related news and blogs; these are great sources of information about the latest market trends, releases, and collaborations.
Identifying limited edition and high-demand Nike SB sneakers can be a bit challenging, as new releases and collaborations are constantly being introduced. To identify these sneakers, it’s important to stay informed about upcoming releases, look for collaborations, and check resale prices. Sneakers that have a high resale price and high demand can indicate that they are limited edition or highly sought after.
How to find stock of Nike SB Sneakers
Finding rare or hard-to-find Nike SB sneakers can be a bit of a challenge, but it’s not impossible. To increase the chances of finding a rare or hard-to-find sneaker, it’s a good idea to check with multiple retailers, join online communities dedicated to sneaker collecting and reselling, network with other sneaker enthusiasts and resellers, and keep an eye out for restocks.
Some retailers or brands may also release a limited amount of shoes through a raffle, so it’s worth trying your luck on those. Building relationships with other sneaker enthusiasts and resellers can give you access to information and resources that you might not have otherwise, and it’s also a good idea to keep an eye out for restocks.
Setting the Right Price for your Nike SB shoes
Understanding the value of a sneaker is essential when determining its price. Factors such as brand, condition, rarity, and demand all play a role in determining the value of a sneaker. Additionally, certain collaborations or limited releases can also increase the value of a sneaker.
Researching comparable sales prices is important in determining a competitive price for a sneaker. Online marketplaces such as eBay and StockX can be useful resources for finding recent sales prices for similar sneakers.
Additionally, visiting local sneaker stores and noting similar sneakers’ prices can provide valuable information.
To price a sneaker competitively, it is important to consider the current market trends and demand for the specific sneaker. Setting a price that is too high may discourage potential buyers, while pricing it too low can result in missing out on potential profits.
It’s also important to consider the cost of the sneaker and to make sure to factor in any additional costs, such as shipping and handling. Additionally, considering offering bundle deals or discounts may help to increase sales.
Overall, pricing a sneaker competitively involves a balance of understanding the sneaker’s value, researching comparable sales prices, and considering current market trends and demand.
Popular Nike SB Sneakers
Here are the most popular Nike SB Shoes that we think have the best chance of increasing in value.
Nike SB Dunk Low Pro Why So Sad?
- Retail Price: $120
- Average Resell Price: $210
- Colorway: Coastal Blue, Light Current Blue
- Release Date: Friday, November 4, 2022
- Style Code: DX5549-400
The Why So Sad? x Nike Dunk Low SB was created in cooperation with the mental-health project established by Scottish skater John Rattray. The design motif of “The Predatory Bird” is based on well-being and cheerfulness.
The low-top has a wear-away Swoosh that transitions from Coastal Blue to Speed Yellow and a light blue leather upper with navy suede overlays. The red suede heel tab is embellished with a yellow question mark, and the lateral heel features an embroidered design of the Predatory Bird emblem.
The internal tongue tag is imprinted with the phrase “Why So Sad?” A transparent rubber outsole provides sticky traction underfoot.
Nike SB Dunk Low Black Gum
- Retail Price: $110
- Average Resell Price: $182
- Colorway: Black, White, Gum, Light Brown
- Release Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Style Code: CD2563-006
The Nike SB Dunk Low Pro “Black Gum,” which was introduced in December 2016, has a tonal black finish over a leather and suede construction.
The low-traditional top’s design is finished with a clean white leather Swoosh, a midsole in the same color, and an outsole made of sticky gum rubber.
Nike SB Dunk Low Concepts Orange Lobster
- Retail Price: $120
- Average Resell Price: $518
- Colorway: Orange Frost, Electro Orange, White
- Release Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
- Style Code: FD8776-800
The Concepts x Nike Dunk Low SB “Orange Lobster” is a continuation of a joint project that first began in 2008. The Boston-based store draws inspiration from the uncommon orange lobster while creating the shoe’s style.
The nubuck upper is painted in a variety of orange tones, with overlays that are softly speckled and a tonal Swoosh that is accented in white. The white mesh tongue is adorned with a woven Nike SB branding, and the internal lining is decorated with a bib-inspired design.
The shoe has a classic cup sole with black sides and an aggressive orange rubber outsole.