The Sneakers App: Everything You Need to Know
Haven't been successful on the Sneakers App? Learn all you need to know about the platform.
The Nike Sneakers App, also named SNKRS, is one of the biggest platforms for buying authentic and legitimate sneakers in the world. It was designed and run by Nike, so everything is 100% real. Almost all of Nike’s limited releases are showcased on the SNKRS App, and today, we are going in-depth about everything you need to know about the Sneakers App.
What is the Sneakers App?
The SNKRS App was introduced in 2017 and is Nike’s specific platform for all their limited-edition sneaker releases.
What’s important to understand is that the sneaker releases on SNKRS, which are the majority, are not available on the Nike website. The sneakers with a lot of hype such as collaborations like Off-White, Air Jordans, and Nike Dunks are the kinds of sneakers that release on the Sneakers Nike App.
An app like this, where you can purchase literally the most hyped pairs you know will resell, is extremely important for resellers to understand. So today we’re taking a look at the app and how you can use it to level up your reselling game.
Speaking of leveling up your reselling game, introducing our Hypemaster Playbook!
Not sure how to purchase multiple profitable sneakers at once?
Introducing the Hypemaster Playbook Reloaded! (2022 Edition), a 400+ page reselling guide with lots of video content as well.
We’ve completely rewritten the entire book and added tons of video content in this new exciting version of our original Hypemaster Playbook, the most popular and thorough sneaker reselling guide on the internet, over 400 pages long!
Trust me; you won’t find this amount or quality of content anywhere else.
How to Set up the Sneakers App
Both IOS and Android devices support the Nike SNKRS app. The app needs to be installed before you can create an account. In order to purchase footwear from Nike on the SNKRS app, you must have an account.
You must enter a valid email address, password, name, date of birth, country of residence, select a product type, and password in order to create an account. It’s crucial to log into your freshly formed SNKRS account after creation in order to confirm and verify your phone number.
To do this, Nike will issue you a six-digit number.
Setting up your profile after creating your account is very important. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of the app’s screen when on the profile tab. After that, type in your preferred shoe size, credit card information, and shipment details.
To avoid card declines and other problems on drop day, make sure to verify all of your information again. Although it is not necessary, we strongly advise that you set a profile photo when on the profile tab and turn on Face ID to make future transactions more convenient.
How to Enter a Draw in the Sneakers App
SNKRS offers two types of draws, DAN and LEO. To enter, just open the SNKRS app a few minutes before the draw begins.
Click on your desired size and confirm your purchase of the sneakers after the draw opens.
Once you have submitted your sneaker draw entry, it’s time to wait for the results from the app. If you are selected as a winner, the app will send you a GOT ‘EM push notification that comes up with a graphic in the app.
If your entry isn’t selected as a winner, you will receive a DIDN’T GET ‘EM push notification from the app.
The difference between a DAN draw and a ‘LEO’ draw is the amount of time that you have to enter each one.
DAN – The amount of time you have to enter this type of drawing can be anywhere from 10-30 minutes, determined by Nike. The good thing about this is that every user who enters within the time slots has an equal chance of winning the draw.
LEO – The amount of time you have to enter this type of draw is around 2-3 minutes. This is the most commonly used type of release on the SNRKS app, and it’s important to know that there isn’t a timer like there is on a DAN draw.
**As far as what the names LEO and DAN refer to in terms of technology, it’s not totally clear. There is probably some acronym that refers to how the technology works with the draw, but all you need to know is how they work on the app interface**
What Are the Types of Releases on SNKRS?
There isn’t just one type of release on the SNKRS app; there are a few. It’s important to understand how each one works so you can be totally 100% prepared when it’s release time.
- Flow Release – A flow release is basically “first come first serve” (FCFS). Most people are used to FCFS releases from other sites. Nike doesn’t do FLOW releases very often, and when it does it’s usually for surprise restocks.
- LEO – LEO releases are the most common types of releases. LEO is similar to FLOW (FCFS) but contains a raffle aspect to it. The way an LEO drop works is you enter your accounts to purchase the shoe. Nike will randomly pick from the first accounts that entered entries that will be allowed to continue with purchasing the shoe. The number of entries picked depends on the stock for the size you chose. With an LEO release, Nike starts picking winners 2 minutes after the release time which is why it’s best to get all of your accounts entered within the first 2 minutes of the draw.
- Exclusive Access – Random users are chosen to have the opportunity to purchase a particular pair of kicks. Early and exclusive access is given more frequently to those who maintain “active” SNKRS accounts.
- SNKRS Pass / SNKRS Stash – Users who are within a certain proximity, usually to major cities or event spaces, can obtain a chance to purchase the shoes. With limited stock available on a first-come, first-served basis, only SNKRS app users who are nearby have a chance to enter these releases. SNKRS PASSES are typically separated by Eastern, Central, and Western regions and/or cities.
- SNKRS Scratcher – Scratchable images appear in the app’s “feed” tab. Like a scratch-off ticket, interacting with the scratcher will reveal a purchase page for the sneaker launch. Each one of these drops has been slightly different and Nike doesn’t employ this regularly. The last time a scratcher was used was in 2020.
- Shock Drop – Nike loads a product for purchase with no warning. Speed is an important factor for shock drops. The faster users enter, the higher their chance of buying the sneakers will be.
Tips for Sneakers App Success
Now you’ve learned all about the Sneakers App and how it works, we’re going to go over some quick tips and how you can set yourself up for the highest chance of copping the latest pairs!
- Make sure that your phone is charged on drop day. This is a huge one and one that everyone has fallen victim to at least once. Make sure you’re phone is fully charged because you definitely don’t want to wake up to find you can’t even open the app!
- Create accounts for family members. The more people attempting to purchase a hyped sneaker the better. Get your family and friends to attempt to purchase and maybe even cut them in on some of the profit if they are able to purchase.
- A good wifi connection is extremely important. The app requires you to be fast and accurate. Bad wifi and slow connections will interfere and could possibly cost you the chance of making some profit.
- Always update your app. The Sneakers App is just like any other app on the market, you have to make sure it is always up to date if you want to have the best chance at purchasing.
- Patience is key. Sometimes it will take a while for you to get through the app, but you have to stay patient. Don’t close the app or do anything out of frustration. You can still purchase the sneakers up to an hour after the release time sometimes.
Want to learn how you can level up your reselling game?
Not sure how to cop multiple sneakers? Check out our Cook Group!
In addition to a private, small community of driven winners dedicated to success, we have:
- Professional site monitors that update live directly to Discord
- Backdoor and early links
- Direct release threads and tips
- Become part of a community of some of the most motivated and successful resellers
- Bot tips
- Admins from countries worldwide
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there still sneaker bots in 2022?
The truth is, it’s getting harder to bot sneaker stores, especially if you’re new to the game. Only the most experienced and resourceful sneakerheads are capable of effectively navigating the changes in the market. Others have a lot to learn.
Are the SNKRS draws random?
SNKRS Pass will now utilize the same lottery-based draw method seen in SNKRS launches, Nike announced through its app. Users will have to request a SNKRS Pass reservation during an extended window of time — similar to before — but once that window closes, winners will be chosen at random.
How was Nike founded?
It was founded in 1964 as Blue Ribbon Sports by Bill Bowerman, a track-and-field coach at the University of Oregon, and his former student Phil Knight. They opened their first retail outlet in 1966 and launched the Nike brand shoe in 1972. The company was renamed Nike, Inc., in 1978 and went public two years later.
How do you know what sneakers are profitable?
How to know which sneakers will go up in value? Looking at price trends using websites like StockX can help you predict which pairs of sneakers will go up in value over time. Also, by focusing on popular models, brands, and sizes, you also increase your chances of securing a pair that skyrockets in value over time.
Is sneaker reselling profitable?
Yes, owning a sneaker business can be profitable. With the sneaker culture, sneakers are popular with people of all ages, and they often have a high resale value. With Sneaker Flippers, you can make sneaker reselling a full-time job!